Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Fox Theater, Detroit
By now, many of you will be wondering if indeed I returned to the US solely for the purpose of seeing concerts. Well, that would be correct...to some extent.
Last week, we caught was in many ways the most musically pleasing gig of the summer so far. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (with long-time rootsy music guru T-Bone Burnett) offered up a feast of creepy country, swampy R&B, bluegrass, stomp, and a bit of revamped Led Zeppelin thrown in for us old fans. And instead of trudging into some sports arena or faceless outdoor ampitheater, it was delightful to see a show like this in a place like the Fox Theater, which absolutely oozes atmosphere. (See pics, borrowed from the Web.)

Now, for the deep music-head, I offer a couple links to songs actually filmed at the gig I saw (most likely on cell phones, but the quality is not bad). The first is a very cool rendition of Led Zep's "Black Dog."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWnV6BIyd4
And the next is the inevitable "Battle of Everymore," with Alison Krauss doing a terrific Sandy Denny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbnwuKvBbpk
Enjoy! I sure did!
Last week, we caught was in many ways the most musically pleasing gig of the summer so far. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (with long-time rootsy music guru T-Bone Burnett) offered up a feast of creepy country, swampy R&B, bluegrass, stomp, and a bit of revamped Led Zeppelin thrown in for us old fans. And instead of trudging into some sports arena or faceless outdoor ampitheater, it was delightful to see a show like this in a place like the Fox Theater, which absolutely oozes atmosphere. (See pics, borrowed from the Web.)

Now, for the deep music-head, I offer a couple links to songs actually filmed at the gig I saw (most likely on cell phones, but the quality is not bad). The first is a very cool rendition of Led Zep's "Black Dog."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWnV6BIyd4
And the next is the inevitable "Battle of Everymore," with Alison Krauss doing a terrific Sandy Denny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbnwuKvBbpk
Enjoy! I sure did!


1 Comments:
Now I do believe you that you just returned to the US for seeing those concerts. Sounds like you're having lots of fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home