Friday, August 22, 2008

Greetings from Bloomington, Indiana!


For the second time this year, we've packed up and moved. But in many ways, it was much easier this time--in fact, a lot of our belongings spent the summer neatly packed in boxes in my parents' basement awaiting this second move. Still, in other ways, it was the same hectic activity that in Taipei I spread out out over many weeks--this time all squeezed into a couple days.

Many thanks are in order here to my brother in law, John. As his SUV is big and powerful enough to pull a U-Haul trailer, he generously volunteered to help. So it was a convoy of three cars (including my parents) that headed south on I-69 on the cool bright morning of August 17. I don't plan to move again this year!

First, my niece and nephew size up the trailer.


Five and a half hours of driving is serious business.


At least Sabrina slept like... well, a baby.


The extended family poses for shot at the university gate (my father is seen in shadow).


Again, the niece and nephew, in front of the Art Museum.


And the three of us in front of a fountain (obviously)...


Residents of Taiwan might find this hard to believe, but the new fad (trend?) in transportation around here? That's right, the scooter! I know, there's still a long way to go to match the intensity of the Taipei Scooter Army.


Finally, the inside of the house. I promise to post pics of the place arranged better...when we get it done!


Next blog post - Brian, Kitty and Sabrina enjoy dynamic Bloomington by visiting a Tibetan Buddhist temple and dancing to a rockabilly band at a street festival...in the same day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home