Friday, September 19, 2008

Bryan Park - and Kitty's Birthday

A couple bits and pieces here. First of all, I thought I'd share images of what has become an almost-nightly ritual with us: a drive over to Bryan Park, probably the biggest and greenest park in Bloomington, where Sabrina can swing, play on some playground equipment, and perhaps dig in the sand with other kids. It's not too bad for us adults either, as we've met lots of nice parents of the other kids playing. And as a reflection of the international flavor of Bloomington, these people might be from far away too--the other night we parents were commenting on the conversations we were having with our kids in Arabic, French, and Chinese respectively!

Welcome, then, to Bryan Park.




Once in a while, there is a kind of medieval reenactment troupe...



As a quick addition to this post, I thought I'd also tack on a few pictures of Kitty's birthday, (September 16). I cooked a chicken biryani and tabbouli salad (of which I shamelessly tack a photo on here) and I also made a chocolate cake and arranged candles in sort of a heart shape. (Let's hear it: "Awww!") Anyway, I we had a nice little night of it!







Finally, the purple sweater I got for Kitty, and a silly face from Sabrina...

1 Comments:

Blogger nuage said...

Happy belated birthday, Kitty!

I think it was very sweet that you made a cake for her and arranged the candles in a heart shape. Although... it looks a bit crooked in the picture. Must be the angle, eh?!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home