Bits and pieces of fall in Bloomington
We take lots of photos, Kitty and I. Since we have to put them somewhere, I thought I'd post some of them here and let you see what we've been up to. We start with my birthday in the middle of October, (and my attempt to do Chinese calligraphy with cake frosting...) Then we take you back to the park with Sabrina, where the leaves have been turning gorgeous colors, and finally we revisit the Tibetan and Mongolian Cultural Center with my parents, who visited at the beginning of November. Enjoy!


At this point, Sabrina's starting to wonder if we're supposed to eat cake or just pose in front of it.

One of Sabrina's new hobbies is to crawl up into my lap whenever I'm at the table eating something...and then grab for it herself. In this case, a Paul Newman's fig newton...

And another of her hobbies is pulling books off the bookshelf, but she does look at them!

And it's never too long before we're back at Bryan Park...


Did I mention the fall colors?

Since my parents didn't imagine they'd fit in a trip to Tibet this year (what with soaring travel costs) they did enjoy a visit to the Tibetan and Mongolian Cultural Center, which looked even better amid the fall colors... 



After a long Buddhist pilgrimage, what better way to relax than with grandma reading a book...

I will no doubt write MUCH more about this in the near future, but for those of you who don't know, we're getting out of an apartment situation we really weren't happy with and moving to this cute little house closer to campus...

And aren't the neighbors cool? Check out the pumpkin second from right--if I'm not mistaken, It's the Obama "O" with the flag coming out. Ah, Bloomington...

Coming next: A trip to Columbus, Indiana's architectural showcase!


At this point, Sabrina's starting to wonder if we're supposed to eat cake or just pose in front of it.

One of Sabrina's new hobbies is to crawl up into my lap whenever I'm at the table eating something...and then grab for it herself. In this case, a Paul Newman's fig newton...

And another of her hobbies is pulling books off the bookshelf, but she does look at them!

And it's never too long before we're back at Bryan Park...


Did I mention the fall colors?

Since my parents didn't imagine they'd fit in a trip to Tibet this year (what with soaring travel costs) they did enjoy a visit to the Tibetan and Mongolian Cultural Center, which looked even better amid the fall colors...




Kitty and Sabrina walk clockwise around the chorten--as one must do...

After a long Buddhist pilgrimage, what better way to relax than with grandma reading a book...

I will no doubt write MUCH more about this in the near future, but for those of you who don't know, we're getting out of an apartment situation we really weren't happy with and moving to this cute little house closer to campus...

And aren't the neighbors cool? Check out the pumpkin second from right--if I'm not mistaken, It's the Obama "O" with the flag coming out. Ah, Bloomington...

Coming next: A trip to Columbus, Indiana's architectural showcase!

1 Comments:
really a cool town...looks more fun than Evanston, IL. I don't get to see many trees here in Chicago. It snows today...
Post a Comment
<< Home